Pear Juice Promotes Massive Health Benefits
Pear juice is packed with health benefiting nutrients, anti-oxidants, minerals, and vitamins, which are necessary for optimum health. Pears are an excellent source of fiber and a good source of vitamin C, only 100 calories per serving. Oh, and did I mention that pear juice is sodium-free, fat-free, and cholesterol-free. What makes pear juice so healthy?
- Pears are hypo-allergenic. This means that pear juice less likely to produce adverse reactions in people with food sensitivities and allergies.
- Pear juice is rich in vitamin A, B1, B2, C, E, niacin, folic acid, phosphorus, potassium, copper, calcium, iron, and magnesium.
- Pear juice helps to lower cholesterol. The high content of pectin in pears makes it very useful in helping to lower cholesterol levels.
- The pectin in pears is diuretic and has a mild laxative effect. Drinking pear juice regularly helps regulate bowel movements and alleviate constipation.
- The anti-oxidant nutrients in pears help to build the immune system. The vitamin C and copper found in pears help protect cells from damage caused by free radicals. Pear juice boosts the immune system and stimulates white cells to fight infection.
- Pear juice is a quick and natural source of energy. The carbohydrates in pear juice boost energy levels throughout the day.
- Pears contain a potent antioxidant called quercetin, it is found in the pear skin. It is an anti-cancer and anti-carcinogen which helps to prevent cancer and artery damage that can lead to heart disease.
- Consuming pears on a daily basis satisfies the daily fiber requirements. The fiber promotes good colon health, protects the body from toxins and lowers the risk of breast cancer.
- Pear juice is valuable for our health as we grow older. It helps promote mental acuity and has proved to be effective treating and preventing Alzheimer’s disease.
- Pears help to manage (ARMD) Age-Related Macular Degeneration. ARMD causes the eyesight to deteriorate in adults, especially senior citizens.
- Pear juice helps to clear phlegm. Pear juice dissolves yellow / green phlegm, mucus in the throat and moistens the lungs. To reduce phlegm and mucus in the throat, combine pear juice, ginger, and honey.
- Pear juice contains a high level of boron. Boron helps to preserve calcium in the body, this helps to prevent and slow down osteoporosis.
- Pear juice is good for pregnant women. Pears contain a high calcium content, the calcium helps to develop healthier bones for the baby and strengthens mother’s bones too.
- Pears contain a compound known as glutathione. Glutathione has been shown to be effective at preventing hypertension and stroke.
- Pear juice contains a high folate content. Folate prevents neural tube defects in infants.
- Pear juice is beneficial for fighting cancer thanks to an antioxidant known as hydroxycinnamic acid, it inhibits the growth of cancerous cells.
Make your own pear juice
- 3-4 organic pears (should be enough to make a glass of pear juice)
- Wash the pears and leave the skin, (if the pears are not organic remove the skin)
- Cut the pears.
- Remove the seeds
- Juice the pieces.
- Add ice (optional) and enjoy!