Do you suffer from stomach acid reflux, gastritis, and ulcers?
Consider adding cabbage juice to your diet. Cabbage juice probably may not sound like a pleasant tasting drink, but it does yield a multitude of health benefits and it is effective against heartburn, acid reflux, gastritis, and stomach ulcers just to name a few ailments. Cabbage juice contains L-glutamine and gefarnate, both protect the mucous-membrane lining of the stomach.
Cabbage juice is used for treating colitis. It holds two essential minerals – chlorine and Sulphur, they are effective in treating inflammation of large intestine and colon. Consuming raw cabbage juice may cause an unpleasant, foul gas right after drinking it. This is important because it indicates that it is working. It is good for gastric ulcers and diverticulosis and for healing digestive problems in general. Cabbage Juice contains numerous sulfur-based compounds which are ideal for killing all types of harmful viruses, bacteria, other pathogens in the stomach and intestinal tract. A deficiency of sulphur can result in microbial infections which can greatly reduce the rate in the healing of wounds such as stomach ulcers.
Other Cabbage Juice Health Benefits
- Cabbage juice is great for weight loss. It works to slow the conversion of carbs and sugars into fat and thus helps you to lose weight.
- Cabbage juice contains a number of anti-cancer compounds. It has lupeol, sinigrin, and sulforaphane, which are known to stimulate enzyme activity and inhibit the growth of tumors.
- Cabbage Juice is an abundant source of vitamin C. It is a richer source of vitamin C than oranges witch is good for treating depression, repairing the body, and boosting the immune system.
- Cabbage juice lowers cholesterol and it also detoxes the liver. The high content of vitamin C and Sulphur in cabbage removes toxins (free radicals and uric acid). These are the main causes of arthritis, skin diseases, rheumatism and gout.
- Cabbage juice contains glutamine, a strong anti-inflammatory agent. Drinking cabbage juice can reduce the effects of many type of inflammation, irritation, allergies, joint pain, fever, and various skin disorders.
- Cabbage / Cabbage juice aids in the reduction of hangovers caused by heavy drinking. Used since Roman times.
- Cabbage juice is full of vitamin K and anthocyanins. These vitamins help with mental function and concentration. These nutrients also prevent nerve damage, and defend against Alzheimer’s disease, and dementia. Red cabbage has the highest amount of these power nutrients.
- Cabbage juice is a powerful antioxidant. It’s full of phytonutrients that rid the body of free radicals which cause damage to cells.
- Cabbage juice helps keep the blood pressure from getting high. Elevated blood pressure increases the risk of heart attack and stroke. The high potassium content opens up blood vessels to ease the flow of blood. Potassium is a vasodilator, which means that it opens up the blood vessels to reduce the stress of getting blood flow through constricted arteries and veins.
- Fermented cabbage juice also helps to control candida infections. When cabbage juice is fermented it creates good bacteria that further aid in digestive health.
Cooked cabbage is how most people get it into their diet, but cooking it actually causes many of the nutrients to be lost, and other nutrients will become harder for the body to absorb. Drinking cabbage Juice gets the nutrients into your system much faster and cuts the absorption time down from hours to 10 to 15 minutes. The best option is to consume the cabbage raw. I prefer to either juice it or consume it half-cooked for the health benefits of course.
Cabbage Juice & Cabbage Smoothie Recipes
Jammin Cabbage – Cleansing Juice
1/8 green cabbage
1/8 red cabbage
2 stalks celery (including green leaves if available)
1 green apple
1 peeled lemon
1 inch ginger
Process all ingredients through your juicer. Serves 2. Consume strained or unstrained. Whatever your preference
Strawberry Blast Green Smoothie
4 cups of cabbage, green
1 1/2 bananas, frozen
1 cup strawberries, frozen
1 teaspoon stevia
4 ice cubes
1 1/2 cups water
Blend the water and the cabbage first. Then add the rest of the ingredients and blend until smooth. Serves 1-2.