I bet you didn’t know…
Cantaloupes are an excellent source of vitamin C and A. Cantaloupes are high in potassium, it has B vitamins (B1, B3, B6, and folate) also vitamin K, magnesium, and fiber. Cantaloupe seeds are edible and contain omega-3 fat in the form of alpha-linolenic acid.
- Promotes cardiovascular health: Prevents heart attacks, high blood pressure and reduces the risks of strokes. Cantaloupe contains high amounts of potassium which is a very good nutrient for the heart as it helps control blood pressure. Consuming foods or juices that are high in potassium can help to decrease the blood pressure.
- Inhibits the growth of cancerous cells: Cantaloupes are rich in beta carotene which helps protect the body from deadly diseases like cancer. Beta carotene eliminates free radicals that can cause cancerous cell growth in our bodies.
- Promotes lung health: It contains powerful antioxidants which aid in keeping your lungs healthy by repairing lungs that have been damaged from smoking. It has to be consumed regularly for this to be possible.
- Strengthens the immune system: Cantaloupe is an excellent source of vitamin C. The high amount of vitamin C in Cantaloupes help boost the immune system and white blood cells in the body. White blood cells help protect your body against infections.
- Good source of fiber: It aids in digestion and weight Loss. It is high in both fiber and moisture. The high amounts of fiber helps prevent constipation, promote regularity and maintain a healthy digestive tract. The fiber in cantaloupe also takes a long time to digest and keeps you feeling full longer, its the perfect substitute for high-calorie sugary snacks and desserts.
- Helps menstruation issues: The high amount of vitamin C helps relieve menstrual cramps and regulate menstrual flow. If you are suffering from menstrual problems, you should consume cantaloupe regularly.
- Great for hydration: Cantaloupe has a high water and electrolyte content. It is great during the hot summer months to prevent dehydration. Cantaloupe also contributes to overall hydration, which is vital for healthy looking skin and hair.
- Anti-inflammatory: Cantaloupes contain an important nutrient called Choline. Choline aids our bodies in sleep, muscle movement, learning and memory. It also helps maintain healthy mucus membranes, aids in the transmission of nerve impulses, assists in the absorption of fat and reduces chronic inflammation.
- Good for vision: Cantaloupe contains vitamin A which is a powerful antioxidant essential for healthy vision. Vitamin A is necessary for sebum production, which keeps hair moisturized and healthy and aids in the growth of all bodily tissues, including skin and hair.
Cantaloupe Strawberry Smoothie
- 1/2 medium/large cantaloupe, rind removed
- 1 cup organic strawberries
- 2 cups fresh organic baby spinach (or other leafy green)
- 1/4 cup filtered water if needed
- Blend the ingredients- Incredible Smoothies
The cantaloupe rind contains a great deal of the cantaloupe’s nutrients. If you intend to juice your own cantaloupe, juice the cantaloupe with the rind to get additional benefits that you could not get by consuming the fruit alone.